Spring is in the air! For many of us, that means it’s time to break out the cleaning supplies and deep-clean our homes from top to bottom. This year, why not add your laundry room to your list of spring-cleaning priorities? A little TLC for your washer and dryer now can help prevent big problems down the road. Plus, who doesn’t love the feeling of starting the season with fresh, clean laundry?
To help you get started, we’ve put together a seasonal cleaning checklist for your laundry room. Read on for everything you need to do to keep your laundry in tip-top condition – routine washing machine repairs and maintenance included!
Seasonal Cleaning Checklist for Your Laundry Room
- Start by giving your washer and dryer a good once-over. Look for any signs of wear and tear, and if you see anything that concerns you, don’t hesitate to call in a professional for repairs.
- While you’re at it, empty out the lint trap on your dryer. Lint build-up can be a fire hazard, so it’s important to clear it out regularly. Bonus tip: If your clothes are taking longer than usual to dry, lint could be to blame. Check the trap even more frequently during the spring and summer when you’re doing more laundry.
- Next, move on to cleaning the drum of your washing machine. Remove any clothing or debris that may have gotten left behind, then use hot water and a mild detergent to wipe down the inside of the machine. Don’t forget to clean around the rubber seal – mildew can build up here over time!
- Once the inside of your washing machine is sparkling clean, it’s time to tackle the outside. Wipe down the control panel and exterior surfaces with a damp cloth, then polish stainless steel finishes with a soft dry cloth until they shine.
- Finally, give your laundry room a good overall cleaning. Vacuum or sweep the floor, dust light fixtures and surfaces, and tidy up any clutter that may have accumulated over time. Who knows – you might even find a long-lost sock or two!
Ready to get started?
We hope this checklist helps you restore your laundry room to a showroom standard! Remember, a stitch in time saves nine – routine maintenance like this will help keep your washer and dryer running smoothly for years to come. Good luck!